Thursday 15 September 2011

Genetic passion






This lovely dress was made by my mom! She's the greatest! When I was in college, she would spoil me with clothes! I would scour through my grandma's closet for vintage textile and browse through my magazine collection to find that outfit I would want her to make for me...she always enjoyed making clothes for me because she loves seeing me get all dressed up. Clearly, my passion for fashion came from her! That started it all for me and fashion. I learned how to be creative and to create a style I could call my own. I always craved for a mix of modern and vintage. I'm glad I turned out this way ;) Thanks mom!

Dress(worn as top):Made by my mom|Shorts:Market!Market!Shoes:Solea|Aquamarine necklace:from China|Belt:The Landmark|Sunnies:Celine

~♥~

17 comments:

  1. cool outfit!
    love the mix of the skirt with the printed shirt!! ;)
    xx

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sunglasses :) outfit beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Maria...it's actually a pair of shorts...it's amazing and ultra comfy!

    @Chillinstyles...Thanks! love em too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look! Lucky gal with a mom like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this skirt!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Leigh Erin...Yes, I am very lucky! :)
    @Bad Joan...thanks! it's a skort! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How great is that! I love the color of the skirt portion. I believe my love for fashion comes from my mom as well.

    Teodora
    Teodoraslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dress, fab Mom!! Thanks for visiting me sweety..wish you a great weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your blog so much and you look absolutely gorgeous in all your pictures! please do another blog post soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those shoes. Cute outfit.

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog. You should check it out.

    xoxo
    http://thesexylittleblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog! This is a fantastic dress as a shirt. Your mom is one talented lady! can't believe those are shorts, they look like a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the sweet comments! I love how my mom makes me feel like I can be anyone with my clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a chic look! Love it! Just came across your blog, are you in banking as well?

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your outfit and the combination!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for dropping by...would love to hear from you!